Select Genetics presents a solid platform to serve customers on a national and international scale by providing quality poults, service, and innovation. Select Genetics is the leading supplier of poults to growers and companies across the world.
The Egg Room Supervisor requirements are as follows:
- Receives eggs from shipment and counts the order to be input into the system;
- Organizes the shipment order;
- Develops and completes set sheets, which determine where the egg room personnel are to load eggs;
- Performs egg audits and checks for deficiencies;
- Organizes and fills out proper documents for receiving and shipping inventories;
- Informs egg farms of packing requirements and ensures they have proper egg packing supplies as directed by the Hatchery Manager.
- Good math skills are essential.
- Good computer skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication necessary.
- Follow and enforce all of the company’s rules and regulations for bio security, animal welfare and safety.
- Work with Hatchery Manager and other supervisors in the hatchery to organize and prioritize responsibilities for efficient operations.
- Assist in loading shipments.
- Have the ability to push, bend, stoop, squat, pull and lift 50lbs. or more.
- Perform the duties of the job while constantly moving and using hands, occasionally lifting objects while being exposed to dust, cold, humidity, heat, chemicals and fumes.
- Work an extended work day, if needed.
- Present a positive and professional image of Select Genetics.
- Follow the directives of the Hatchery Manager.
- Lead, train, motivate, and mentor employees in the hatchery with the objective of building and maintaining a high performing team to meet or exceed production goals.
- Demonstrate effective time management to record and input new shipments into the system.
- Organize of all egg shipments and egg set sheets.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Willingness to work a varied schedule where some weekends will be required.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A two year Ag or related degree is preferred.
- Does not own or operate around backyard poultry operations off duty.
- Knowledge and/or experience of animal welfare and biosecurity practices preferred.
- A valid Minnesota Driver’s License and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record is needed.
- Ability to successfully lead, supervise, and manager subordinates to ensure efficient hatchery operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bi-lingual Spanish speaking skills a plus.